Woman in Business, Inc. (WIB) was founded in 1985 by Judith A. Jaeger, (Founder/President Emeritus), to support women and provide a network of sharing business experiences, knowledge, and ventures.
Woman In Business Inc., is a 501c(3) charitable organization (#04-2947253). We are governed by a volunteer board of directors, that support women by fostering networking, sharing information and experiences, and providing educational opportunities.
While our membership consists primarily of women in the workforce in the south central MA area, women (and men) are welcome to join our organization, regardless of their employment status, or residence.
We hold monthly luncheon programs attracting speakers from near and far. Monthly meeting meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month. Our website, Facebook page, and newsletter provide complete information on these meetings. On each of these venues, we list the date, place, time and speakers. Our meetings incorporate a comfortable blend of socializing and networking.
We also offer workshops, seminars, and other learning opportunities at different times, throughout the year. We provide annual scholarships to students graduating from Tantasqua Regional High School, Shepherd Hill Regional High School, Southbridge Middle/High School, Bay Path Regional Vocational Technical High School and to an adult woman entering into Bay Path University’s One-Day-A-Week Saturday program.
Combined, our members form a large pool of skills and knowledge, and we actively share our business and personal interests.
- To foster the development of women who work and women who intend to enter or return to the workforce;
- To promote our products, skills, and services and encourage their use within the Association;
- To support women and provide a network of sharing business experiences, knowledge and ventures;
- To advance the interests of business and working women through legislation, communications, and Association Membership;
- To provide a congenial atmosphere for discussion of issues and experiences relevant to women;
- To sponsor and participate in workshops, seminars, and learning opportunities of special concern to women.